Joel H. Berg, DDS, MS
CV / Bio
Joel H. Berg is a consultant in the dental industry and practices Pediatric Dentistry part time in the Phoenix, AZ area. He is former Dean at the University of Washington. Dr. Berg is a board-certified pediatric dentist and is a Past-President of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, and Past- President of the AAPD Foundation. He is the Immediate Past President of the American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry.
He is an editor of the book Early Childhood Oral Health, and has published extensively on subjects including dental restorative materials for children, and medical management of dental caries. His current research interests include the development of dental caries prevention programs using risk assessment models to manage dental caries as a disease. He lectures to dental professionals regularly on “Medical Management of Dental Caries”.
Lecture: Medical Management of Dental Caries: The Science Behind it, and the Methods to Do It
This seminar will provide the attendee with the most up-to-date information regarding emerging technologies to manage caries in your practice, also in non-restorative ways. We will review the science behind caries management developments, and will provide specific methods, to deploy the newest methods in practice for adults and children. You will bring a lot of pearls to your practice right after attending this course.
After attending this seminar, the participant will be able to:
- List currently available caries detection devices
- Describe new technologies and how they will detect caries at a very early stage
- Describe methods of risk assessment for dental caries
- Understand some of the emerging science related to oral biofilms and its impact on our understanding of dental caries including the use of silver diamine fluoride
- Describe the use of glass ionomer materials in cars management